Wednesday, March 30, 2011

And The Day Came and Conquered.

So I think that maybe I am slightly biased, but I don't think that the wedding day could have been anymore perfect.  Aside from the weather being sweltering at the beginning and one of the bridesmaids nearly passing out.
Other than that everything ran smoothly and everything came together and made the day what it was...brilliant!

The day is here!!

So my morning began with a 4:45am wake up from my maid of honour.  "Hairdresser is here" *cringe* 
So I trundle out of bed and make my way to the conference room of the Eltham Motor Inn.  They kindly offered us use of the conference room so that we had more room to get ourselves ready.  And it was perfect.  Heaps of room and a mirror where we could all do our make-up in front of.  

My hairdresser Rachael Rayner created beautiful vintage hairstyles for my bridesmaids and for myself a side swept plait. This all looked perfect with the style of dresses and I would highly recommend her if anyone is looking for a hairdresser.  She is very quietly spoken but this is very calming also.

I decided to do my own make up as I don't wear a lot. I had trials with a couple of people and although what they did was good, I felt like it was too much.  But I kept being told you need more for the photo's!  Oh well.  I went with what made me comfortable so hopefully I look good in the photo's!  Although I am sure that it all sweated off with the sweltering heat.

We all slipped into our dresses and me into my beautiful dress by Sally Cromie Designs.  Wow! I don't think I fully comprehended it in my mind, but seeing us all there in our dresses was making everything come together.

purchased a birdcage veil and fascinator from a shop on art fire called YJ Design.  It was a pretty feather one with a hint of blue green. 

My jewellery was a necklace from my mothers collection and a pair of earings I happened to find that matched the necklace.

My Photographer, Maria from Perfect Moments Photography was great.  She was funny and helped make us all feel relaxed.  We had lots of great location shots and I really can't wait to see the end result! We saw a couple of other wedding party's and we really looked like we were having the most fun.  The other party's looked very much over the day.  

After she finished taking our pictures our wedding car turned up.  It was a stretch Chrysler 300c Stretch Limousine.  It was so much fun to ride around in and was a new experience for both of my parents whom had not been in anything like it before.  Our driver was the friendliest and most helpful person and we even made sure we called the company up and let them know how great he was on the day.  We hired it from Amazing Limousines.  

I also had made up some bags with Bride's Entourage and the Bridesmaids name on it.  A fun gift for them to carry their Bridesmaids Survival Kits I made for them. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of either of these but they were functional and fun!

Suddenly we were on our way to the Montsalvat.  I felt great up until we pulled in the driveway.  Suddenly I saw people I knew and the tears started welling.  Oh my gosh.  I am getting married to the person I love more than anything (aside from my baby girls).  Time to calm down and get a hold of myself.
Wow it is really hot as well.  I think my make up is going to sweat off before we even get down there.

Eventually the guests walked inside once our lovely driver walked down and told them all to go inside.  We still had to stand outside in the sun whilst we spoke to the celebrant. She finally disappeared and the song started.  It is called "To Build A Home." By The Cinematic Orchestra.  We had a dear friend play this on the piano and it sounded beautiful.

The bridemaids started walking in but Aurelia didn't want to go.  It wasn't until she was coerced with a feather and told to go in and see daddy that she ran inside yelling "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!"  I was told later that it gave everyone a laugh and it helped the groom calm his nerves.  

I heard my cue so I proceeded to walk in and greet all the smiling faces of family and friends.  I looked up and saw Ben.  That was it.  I had to try and stop myself from crying again. So I looked at my bridesmaids and they were all crying! Oh dear.  I was just going to have to try harder.  

So Ben came over and took my hand and greeted my parents.  It was then the wedding began.  We had two great friends/family do a reading. They were both Apache poems/blessings and were nice and simple but meaningful. 

Now the boys ties matched the ladies dresses and I think that this looked awesome.  But the trouble we went to trying to find ties that matched.  Aarghh! We would always be missing one colour from the bunch.  But I think we got there in the end.

We also got all of the sneakers.  Yay! And I believe that they looked just as funky as I imagined, and with the ties the complete outfit looked unreal on the guys.

The vows were said and we were pronounced Husband and Wife! 

Now there was one other thing that was made which looked pretty cool also and that was the pom poms.

Big thanks to my sister who put them together and the boys for fluffing them up on the day.

Yay! So we are now married! The rest of the day was a whirlwind but was a lot of fun.  I got an email from my celebrant a week later and she said she saw weddings all the time and she loved our dresses and all the colour, and that it was so different.  I love that she thought that because it was exactly what I was aiming for.

Wow so that leaves us with the end of the night.  It was a blur as I was trying to get around to everyone and say hello.  I have shown you in previous posts the highlights of the night, Being the lolly buffet and our wedding tree.  But there was also the bowling which everyone took full advantage of.  Also the beautiful red velvet cake that my sister made.

I have to mention one more thing and that was a DVD my Maid of Honour made of us growing up to show on the night.  Ben and I frequently watch this video (we love it!) as it shows pictures of our parents weddings and then us as we were growing up and to where we are now.  It was funny as well and we loved that it wasn't just us that enjoyed watching it.  We had so many people tell us afterwards how much they enjoyed it as well.   

So this brings me to the end of my wedding posts..... :( but it is not the last.  I have some things in the pipe works that I can't wait to share with you all.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment